Published January 1, 2020
Lapine Associates, Inc. helps brands create and distribute promotional merchandise to build and enhance their brand equity. Our affiliate, Effectus Partners, LLC, provides business process innovation services to help clients solve operational and technical challenges.
Information We Collect
Registration Information: When you register for an account on one of our Websites, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your account (“Registration Data”), such as your:
- First and Last Name;
- Company Name and Position Title;
- Physical Address;
- Email Address; and
- Phone Number.
Information you Voluntarily Provide: We may receive additional personal information when you interact with our Websites or our services. For example, when you:
- Request quotes, services or support or place an order from one of our Websites;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue (including on any social media platform);
- Subscribe to our newsletters, programs, promotional emails, white papers or other materials;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV or create a candidate profile;
- Communicate with our customer service representatives; or
- Contact us with your questions/comments.
Information from third parties (such as, from your employer or our customers): We may also receive information about you from third party sources. For example, we may receive information about you from your employer or from one of our customers for whom we manage a Brand Website (each, a “Brand”). We may also purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. We may associate this marketing data to the personally-identifiable information that you provide to us.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information and data we collect principally in order to operate our Websites and to fulfill your orders and other requests. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Deliver the services and support or carry out the transactions for our products that you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as to respond to your requests and to provide you with product safety information, your transaction status (including order confirmations), information about particular programs in which you have chosen to participate, information about products and services available from us, promotional offers and surveys;
- Provide communications from a Brand in connection with your interactions with a Brand Website;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to enforce our rights;
- Authenticate users and to provide for the safety and security of our Websites and otherwise prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security of our Websites, our businesses, and our products and services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Disclosing Personal Information
Your personal information may also be shared with:
- Your employer if you place orders for our Products on behalf of your company through our Websites;
- Parties who support our business, such as fulfillment services, technical support, delivery services, professional advisors as well as web-hosting providers, analytics providers, customer-relationship management software providers and other information technology providers;
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals' personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues; and
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business.
Except as described above with respect to the Brands, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
Choices Regarding Our Collection and Use of Your Information
We may offer you choices regarding the information we collect and how that information is used and shared. These choices may include the ability to access, update or delete information that you have provided to us or information that we have collected through your use of our Websites. They may also include the ability to opt-out of receiving notifications, promotions, offers or other advertising from us. To inquire about making any of these requests please contact privacy@LapineInc.com.
If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights in relation to your personal information. Please review the section California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure below for more information.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as you transmit your information from your computer to our Websites and to protect such information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from our Websites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Moreover, where you use login credentials on our Websites, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
We use a third-party vendor to process credit card transactions. Our online payment sites along with our processing partner reside on secure web servers that encrypt the data between the customer and the processing vendor. By using this service, Lapine Associates does not collect any credit card numbers or store such information.
Links to Other Web Sites
Collection and Use of Children's Personal Information
Lapine Associates takes children's privacy seriously. We sell products intended for purchase by individuals over the age of 16. If you are a child 16 or younger, you are not authorized to make a purchase from our Websites without consent from your parent or legal guardian.
If we become aware that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without such child's parent or guardian's consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If any parent, guardian or other responsible adult becomes aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at privacy@LapineInc.com.
As with many websites, our Websites and other services (such as our email updates) use a standard technology called a “cookie” and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons), which are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Websites and services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Websites and services.
- Improve the user experience on our Websites;
- Store the authorization token that users receive when they login to the private areas of our Websites. This token is specific to a user's login session and requires a valid username and password to obtain. It is required to access the user's account to make orders; and
- Track anonymous site usage.
There are different types of cookies and other technologies used on our Websites and services, notably:
- “Session cookies” - These cookies only last as long as your online session, and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- “Persistent cookies” - These cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- “Web Beacons/Pixels” - Some of our web pages and emails may also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on a web page or email and typically work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. We use these images to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who have visited a web page or acted upon one of our email digests.
Lapine Associates Cookies. We may place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our Websites. For example, we may place a session cookie on your computer each time you visit our Websites. We use these cookies to allow you to log-in to your account. In addition, through these cookies we are able to collect information about how you use the Websites, including what browser you may be using, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Websites and the URL you next visit (even if those URLs are not on our Websites). We may also utilize email web beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We also may use these tools to help deliver analytics to our Brand partners to give them insight into the Brand Websites. Analytics/Performance Cookies: We also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Websites as well as how visitors use our Websites:
Google Analytics - For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Controlling and Deleting Cookies
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser’s “Help” function or alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step-by-step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
The Websites may use third party network advertisers to serve advertisements you may see. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to the Websites and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. In addition, we may share this information with the Brands to allow them and their network advertisers to serve ads based on your interests to you.
Our Websites are in compliance with the Ad Choices Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. The goal of Ad Choices is to provide you with information about how online advertising works and the choices you have.
You may visit the http://www.aboutads.info/choices page to learn more about online behavioral advertising and to see your opt-out choices from companies that are participants in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will still see ads, but these ads will not be customized based on your interests generated from your visits over time and across different websites. In addition, the preferences you select on the http://www.aboutads.info/choices page may not apply to mobile devices. Due to the differences between using apps and websites on mobile devices, opt-outs will need to be set for both browsers and apps.
Some browsers have incorporated a Do-Not-Track (DNT) feature. These features, when turned on, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting not collect and use data regarding your online searching and browsing activities. As there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our Websites.
Social Media Features
Users Outside the United States
Lapine Associates is located in the United States. The Websites are directed solely towards users who reside in the United States. If you choose to use the Websites from outside the United States, you are consenting to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
Notwithstanding the forgoing, Lapine Associates will honor the following requests from users:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent for future processing of that data.
- The right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data.
- Subject to reasonable limitations, the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal information.
- Subject to reasonable limitations, the right to request erasure of your personal data.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
Attention: Privacy Information
15 Commerce Road
Stamford, CT 06902